Only you know how what it feels like to grow up with FD, and this is a chance to tell us about it. All you have to do is take a picture. “A picture says a thousand words”. You can photograph anything you choose; something you do and see every day, the people who help you, the challenges you face and overcome, something that makes you happy or sad. Anything. There is no right or wrong. This is your world and your story.
Submit your prize-winning shot and enter to win $100.
The jury vote
A jury of 3 artists will decide the winning photograph and winner will be announced on FD day. The winner will receive a $100 prize and certificate. Runner up prizes will also be awarded.
- Participants must have familial dysautonomia.
- Participants must take the photo themselves. Participants can be in the photograph if they use the self-timer function on their camera.
- Photographs must be taken in 2016 or 2017.
- Photographs should be submitted in high resolution.
- Only one photograph can be submitted per participant.
- Photos can be submitted through by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or copied to CD and mailed to the Dysautonomia Center, 530 First Avenue, Suite 9Q, New York, NY, 10019.
- Participants are encouraged to give their photograph a title.
- Photos can be submitted in colour or black and white.
- Photos can be altered using Photoshop or similar programs.
- Closing date for entries is: May 29th 2017.
Our panel of 3 contemporary artists will judge the best shot.